SC - Re: Candied Fruit Peel

Elise Fleming alysk at ix.netcom.com
Mon Jul 14 17:45:45 PDT 1997

I agree with Gunthar and Elaina.

Our Kingdom (Outlands) has just decreed that all feasts will have ingredients
published at the site for prerusal.  This includes any pre packaged mixes, or
broths, EVERYTHING. Even the ingredients used in Lord Wobegone's ale and mead
if it was used to cook with.    I am hoping that a simple list of "mushrooms,
venison, juniper berries, soy sauce, liquid smoke and garlic" will suffice.
 As it stands now, we have to list the ingredients of the ingredients.... It
comes as a knee jerk reaction to our new Kingdom Chirurgeons' concerns with
allergic reactions at feasts.  It remains to be seen just how many cooks
comply. Most of us are prudent and intelligent.  I guess this is for those
who need a clue.

In the Outlands, most event announcements include the information on the
cook, along with the admonishment to contact said cook if there are any food
related questions or concerns.  I would think that should suffice as
notification.  The ones that really get me are those with "deadly" allergies
to things that show up at the feast and need to know what is in everything,
and when they find out they cannot eat something, demand to have a special
thing made for them ad hoc.  I will gladly accomodate those who contact me
before a feast, and usually not so gladly those who show up at the feast with
a problem.  I have one gentle who comes up occasionally, and he is DEATHLY
allergic to almost every spice known to man, except salt.  He calls me weeks
in advance so I can make him the "bland" version of all the dishes.

Aldyth at aol.com
SCA-Cooks-Request with the message body of unsubscribe.