SC - sulfa and sulfites

Tue Jul 15 06:42:35 PDT 1997

        I forgot to list what Ansteora usually does.

        Our normal feast now serves between 125 upwards to 350, though
these are not absolutes. We serve usually by having serving going from
table to table, although several of the feasts now have assigned servers
for each table or two.  I like the latter idea quite well since table
sitters get to know who to ask for what.  The last time I ate at an indoor
feast, we liked our server so much, we found little thank you gifts for
him.  He later told us that he was new to the SCA and he really though the
"tip" was a lot of fun.
        We seat board and non board on the same table and use the honor
system for whether they eat or not.  Most of the time we have no problem
with this, if any one person abuses the code we get someone to quietly take
them aside and mention how rude they are.  We could not separate the feast
takers from the non feast takers. (it would cause massive social
upheavals.)   Children eat for lesser fees or we have have a separate feast
for them, (earlier time, sometimes)
        We eat more meat here, although vegies prepared in an interesting
and tasty way will be eaten.  I think the problem lies mainly in that cooks
generally just heated them up and put butter on them.  I've seen people
scarf down Moroccan Carrots (Cinnamon, cardamon and almonds sauteed in
butter) and Armoured Turnips (see earlier postings on this list).  But this
is cattle country.  Fish is rarely served here and treated with suspicion.

        Head table gets a fancier grade of food or extra tidbit items.
Entertainment is sparce during the feast, and unfortunately court is
usually held before the event.

How's this for a start.

Clare St. John

SCA-Cooks-Request with the message body of unsubscribe.