Re(2): SC - Butchery-Apology Sort of

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at tddeng00.fnts.com
Wed Jul 16 06:43:59 PDT 1997

>Hate to be the evil one, but can we kill the allergy, sulfites/sulfa,
>alcohol thread?  It's going WAY off track at this point and is taking
>over the group.  :-)

>Aemilia

I can understand your point.  However, I don't entirely agree with it.  I
don't think the allergy thread is off-topic, but I do think that some of the
subthreads are.  In addition, I think that the allergy topic should be 1
thread not the 3 it is now.  I believe that we can incorporate the
sulfites/sulfa thread into this (though it seems fairly quiet at the moment).
This thread deals with food/cooking issues where the SCA celebration meets
with mundanity.  An SCA cook needs to be aware of some major allergens and how
to work around them.  Likewise, some of us need emotional support when
attendees at events don't let us know about their problems then behave with
embarrassing gracelessness and ingratitude toward us.

The alcohol thread has gotten quite off-topic.  Unless there are states out
there who view cooking with alcohol as an issue to be dealt with legally, as a
cook, there hasn't been anything of value in the topic since we settled the
interpretation of the BoD's declaration regarding alcohol.

No, I don't think you were cranky at all.

Derdriu
swensel at brandegee.lm.com

SCA-Cooks-Request with the message body of unsubscribe.