SC - Re: A&S Displays for food (was Bergamot and other herbs)

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pbm.com
Wed Jul 16 10:40:22 PDT 1997

I (Tibor) wrote:
  <<  I pay off-board, and bring my own
   food: then the cook brings out two bowls of stuff that I CAN eat, and says
   "Here, I cooked this for you".  Now I have to find someone to take my feast
   fee.  >>

Ras asked:
  Why do you do that? Did it ever occur to you that the dishes presented to you
  were, as it were, a "GIFT" given to you out of respect for your person? :-)

I somehow never think of "respect".  What does that say about me? (:-)

To be the persnickety New Englander (the converted are worse than the
native), a gift is given with ones own money.  When the cook is spending
feast funds on me, they are spending everyone's money.  Except mine.  While
I appreciate that, I never want to freeload.

Accomodating my diet is pain enough.  I don't care to be a monetary drain.
It is very important to me to "do the correct thing", and make my
participation in an event an overall gain for everyone.  That means trying
extra hard to not take advantage.

	Tibor
SCA-Cooks-Request with the message body of unsubscribe.