SC - Re: Alcohol & the SCA

Donna J. White 1djw5827 at unixstew.tstc.edu
Fri Jul 18 06:47:01 PDT 1997

Appearantl;y I am not making myself clear.  State laws prohibit the
collection of any monies that can be construed as paying for supplies or
the actual alcoholic product.  I am not implying that SCA BOD rulings make
such statements.  I am concerned with the mundane laws here and would hate
to see or hear of anyone misunderstanding that SCA rules overrule state
laws.  I just don't want anyone to think that they have legal protection
just because they are not openly paying for the alcohol.

- ----------
> From: Uduido at aol.com
> To: sca-cooks at Ansteorra.ORG
> Subject: Re: SC - Re: Alcohol & the SCA
> Date: Tuesday, July 15, 1997 8:00 PM

> << The new rulings indicate that even passing the hat for supplies
> constitutes sale of an alcoholic beverage. >>
>
> Where did you percieve such a suggestion in the "rules"? I have reread
them
> several times and the ONLY thing that is forbidden is that SCA FUNDS are
> forbidden for the perchace of alcohol EXCEPT for use in cooking. Let's
not
> add to the continuously oppressive regulation handed to us by the B.O.D.
any
> more than we have to. :-0
>
> Admittedly, selling "home-brew" is a fedderal offense, BUT cololecting
money
> from a group of friends to purchase commercial beverages  in no way
> whatsoever even begins to suggest selling "home-brew". And, more
importantly
> the specific rulling of the BOD only affects SCA funds not private funds.
>
> If , for instance, a private member, were to collect funds to purchase a
keg
> for a feast the new SCA rules do not prohibit it.
>
> Lord Ras
> ( Who thinks the NEW rules are ludicrous and patently rediculous..
<.thinking