SC - Re: Alcohol & the SCA - Apol

Donna J. White skunkkiller at juno.com
Fri Jul 18 11:07:30 PDT 1997

<< Look I have about had enough of the implications that what happens in one
 kingdom or area has no influence anywhere else and, therefore, should not
 be discussed.  This is an Ansteorra list and Texas is relevant.

 Thank you for the laughs but I think I have been insulted for the last
 time.

 ----------
 > From: Bronwynmgn at aol.com
 > To: sca-cooks at Ansteorra.ORG
 > Subject: Re: SC - Re: Alcohol & the SCA
 > Date: Wednesday, July 16, 1997 7:25 AM

 > << The new rulings indicate that even passing the hat for supplies
 >  constitutes sale of an alcoholic beverage >>
 >
 > To which new rulings are you referring, my lady?  The ruling from the BoD
 > specifically mentions only the use of official SCA funds, which are not
 what
 > one would be collecting if passing the hat.
 > Are there some new rulings in Texas that those of us who live elsewhere
 would
 > not be aware of?
 >
 > Brangwayan Morgan

My lady, I am most sorry if you felt that I was saying that rulings that
affect Texas as a state had nothing to do with the SCA.  I simply stated the
fact that those of us who DO NOT live in Texas are not aware of the state
laws there.  I live in Pennsylvania and have never been to Texas, so there is
no way I would know about a new law in Texas.  I was simply trying to
clarify, for myself and others reading this list, whether you were talking
about state law or the SCA ruling, since your initial post did not specify.
I had no intent to insult you, and in fact thought that I had taken extra
care to be courteous as you had been upset by my previous post.

Brangwayna Morgan
SCA-Cooks-Request with the message body of unsubscribe.