SC - cc:Mail Link to SMTP Undeliverable Message

postmaster_at_okstate@okway.okstate.edu postmaster_at_okstate at okway.okstate.edu
Sat Jul 19 09:08:39 PDT 1997

>> Now that you have seen your error, learn something from it and try not
to make
>>the same mistake again. If you are unable to accept change, then I for
>>one will benefit from your absence within the Society.

Madam:

I am truly apologetic if I offended you with my rant.  Goodness knows it
is not the only one that has ever aired on this list and it is not nearly
the most rude ever posted here, either.  I do not believe you were one of
the individuals that sent me the hate mail over my attempt to offer
helpful advice concerning the legality of taking donations for mead and
other brewed beverages.  I never intended it to get as out of hand as it
has.

The above post is one of the nicer ones I received. Of course, the fact
it was on the list made a difference, I am sure.  Those I received
privately were much less kind.  I have been called just about every name
in the book and told I am an uneducated fool in many ways . . . thus my
previous rant and unsubscription of one address to which I have access.
I never go off like that without reason.  However when my server is
stuffed full with snotty comments so that even my business mail cannot
get through or my students cannot reach me, then I believe I had full
right to get ticked off.  The fastest way to take care of the problematic
influx of mail was to tell everyone off.  I apologize if this scorched
earth approach offended you.  It just seemed the quickest way to take
care of a serious problem that many on the list are not aware occurs.  I
was trying to make it public so our peers (colleagues, not just peerage)
can help hold us more accountable for our behavior.  (Of course, the
situation discussed about an unknown person indicates, peerage doesn't
mean being the most honorable, I guess.)

As I said you were not a participant in this bombardment against my
opinions.  I apologize for what may have seemed like a blanket statement
that the SCA was a worthless crock.  I do not believe that at all.  I
simply do not wish to be insulted either privately or publicly when I
have not done anything wrong.  If I deserved it, well . . .that is a
different story.  I can usually tell if I deserved it.  I grew up with
four brothers that were more than willing to point out those times I may
have missed.

I do not believe anyone is capable of being polite 100% of the time.  If
I ran into anyone like that I might have to run and hide. #; )