SC - Re: Sauces and Humors

Lenny Zimmermann zarlor at acm.org
Wed Jul 23 08:52:18 PDT 1997

  Adamantius writes:
  I'd been planning to actually compose something coherent on the subject
  of finding a good butcher who actually seems to care about whether your
  meal is a success. However, this seems like as good a time as any to
  jump in with a bit of pontific--ahem--information.

He's right, again.  This is getting tiresome.....

I've used similar techniques.  We have a local convenience store near my
home. Once upon a time, I managed to get my hands on several 20 pound blocks
of cheese.  All it needed was slicing.  I asked the guys at the store what
they would charge to slice the cheese for my non-profit educational group.
"Nothing, just give us a couple of hours, so we can continue to service our
customers".

Their competition has closed down.... I wonder why?  Partly because all my
purchaing is done at the store owned by "the nice guys".

BTW, for those that aren't up on butchery like Adamantius:

1. chine \'chi-n\ n [ME, fr. MF eschine, of Gmc origin; akin to OHG scina
   shinbone, nee]dle - more at SHIN 1: BACKBONE, SPINE; also : a cut of meat
   or fish including the backbone or part of it and the surrounding flesh 2:
   RIDGE, CREST

2. chine vt : to cut through the backbone of (as in butchering)

	Tibor