SC - Re: Pears

L Herr-Gelatt and J R Gelatt liontamr at ptd.net
Tue Jul 29 05:14:00 PDT 1997

Michael Macchione wrote:

> I luckily had the honor of meeting Master Adamantius and spending some
> time with him as he proceeded to celebrate his promotion to peerage with a
> plunge into drunkeness.  He is certainly an extremely gracious individual
> who, if he is as entertaining in the kitchen as he was sitting around
> Friday night, most certainly deserves his Laurel.

Actually, I am generally regarded as being even  _more_ entertaining in
a kitchen! As for the plunge into drunkenness, I was fine until a
certain sinister squire type poisoned me by substituting huge quantities
of Islay malt whisky for the weak tea I had been decorously sipping! Oh,
and did I mention the knife he held to my throat, murmuring in
threatening tones, "Drink, Blackadder, Drink!" ? (Yeah! Dat's the
ticket!)

> Oh, and speaking of your wife not forgetting,  Is she still talking to
> you... and has she gotten to sentences other than "Drink the water" "Stand
> up" and "Follow me"???   :)    Although, I really didn't get a chance to
> talk with her, she also seemed to be a wonderful person...  complete with
> "her computer skills, her great legs, and her sharp cleavers"  :)

Naah, having made those statements, she would certainly remember them.
I, on the other hand, appear to have sustained a sharp blow to the head,
causing an inexplicable loss of short-term memory...for what it is
worth, I am reliably informed that the only source of ill will I may
have generated was the mere fact that I woke up at 7:30 A.M. with no
apparent signs of a hangover.

> If you need any help, my memory of the night seems to be reasonably good,
> I may not know all of the details, (like the name of the peer you called a
> wuss :)  but I can help by bringing up the details you would like to
> forget...

Surely it would be improper to bring up the name of the peer I "called a
wuss". In actual fact I was merely cautioning the lady against the
pitfalls on the path to wussdom. I advised her not to be a wuss, which
is a bit different. Now if I could only recall why... . Memory loss
seems a small price to pay for a chance to display the prodigeous feat
of speaking in tongues.

> My kidding aside, congratulations on your award, and thank you for a most
> enjoyable evening, and especially for the Scotch and the mead to wash the
> taste of the Scotch out of my mouth.  (my compliments to the brewer, that
> mead was wonderful).

Lord Ateno of Annun Ridge, C.M., squire to Sir Mordeth Mjodvitner
(unabashed plug). You had some fortifed sack mead (early 19th century
recipe), and one of the Digby metheglins. Now, your problem seems to
have been that the Scotch was there to wash the taste of the mead out of
your mouth, rather than the reverse. Had you observed the proper
protocol, you too would have been capable of my own miraculous feats of
linguistic skill.

It was my pleasure to meet you, though. I am informed that I was my
usual self, just more so. This is something that would not have happened
had I not been surrounded by my friends and well-wishers, yourself
included. Thanks for your good wishes and your company as well!

> Lord Kael
> Shire of Caer Adamant (no relation)

Adamantius
Phil & Susan Troy