SC - Pears in Wine Sauce

Wed Jul 30 06:13:50 PDT 1997

Hi all from Anne-Marie.

Alys tells us about the first KWCS:
>mediumly attended affair.  It perhaps
should have been entitled
the >Interkingdom Cancellation Collegium.  Some four or five instructors
>cancelled, most within the last week before the Collegium.  There were
>some neat classes.  Deb Hense from Calontir intrigued people with her
>tasting of umpteen different kinds of shortbreads, showing how the
>change of one ingredient affected the taste, texture, etc. of a
>product.  Balthazar impressed people with his pinecone carved from a
>radish.  It was so impressive (as were his other carvings) that one
>class member stayed to carve and cut various things to make my salmon
>come "alive" with cucumber scales, fins, eyes, etc.

Ah yes, the joys of scheduling instructors. Imagine doing the classes at
Thirty Year..."oh, you mean you really expected me to COME????" :D

I have taken Deb Henses class. It's amazing. She also compared vinegars,
and common substitutions like butter and margerine and other oils. I
would like to get the contact info for Balthazar, plea;se. A carving
class sounds perfect.

>If the Seattle people want to organize a Known World Cooking Symposium
>I'd love to consider going.  For anyone else, an Interkingdom Collegium
>takes little work to organize and can be done on a quiet, modest scale.

I'll bring it up again at our GUild meeting tomorrow night. I'd really
like to see this happen....

- --AM

- --
Anne-Marie Rousseau