SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #218

L Herr-Gelatt and J R Gelatt liontamr at ptd.net
Wed Jul 30 15:03:53 PDT 1997

In a message dated 97-07-30 15:02:42 EDT, Tibor writes:

<<  I'd like to echo Adamantius sentiment: how can we get the rest of you to
 come out and play? >>

After reading the many posts, I would say that by and large, we are a list of
lurkers who once in a while venture a comment or two.  So I now put my neck
on the chopping block.  I think we are intimidated by the wealth of talent on
this list, and the old ego thing about not being thought stupid or inept
looms large.  We have chewed list ettiquette to death and back.  I would make
the following suggestion.  We want to learn.  Some want to teach.  So let us
do that.  When a challenge is issued, those of us who want to learn will be
taught, and those of us who want to teach, will instruct.....gently.....It is
why we are on this list in the first place.  How about a reverse challenge?
 Those of us who are novices could print a recipe from a "period" source, and
those teachers could redact them, with the hows and whys and wheres.  Like an
online collegium.  Any takers?

Aldyth at aol.com