SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #218

Donna Kenton donna at dabbler.com
Thu Jul 31 05:24:13 PDT 1997

Greetings, all.  Since I saw several people say they were Pennsic-bound
I thought I would invite you to a session on Friday, Aug. 14, 2-3 pm,
in AS IV on SCA Feasts.  Two of us (unless I can contact Steven Bloch
for a third) will begin with our monologue/harangue on SCA Feasts and
then open it up to discussion, rebuttal, etc. (politely!).  I'd love to
put faces to names...  Adamantius's name (mangled, unfortunately) came
up last night whilst talking with a friend in the East, so the world is
getting small.  (Congratulations, leafy brother!)

There are 20 classes on cookery at Pennsic, from firepit bread and
cooking, basic "feastocratting", Aztec cuisine, heraldry at and setting
of the table, sauces (via humoral theory), Islamic cookery, sugarpaste,
Pennsic without a cooler, northern Italian cookery, etc.  Makes me look
forward to a Madrone Known World Cooking Seminar!  :-)

Alys Katharine