SC - chicken on string

Marisa Herzog marisa_herzog at macmail.ucsc.edu
Thu Jul 31 09:22:50 PDT 1997

                      learned from newbie redaction.....           7/31/97

<snip>
1. They boiled fish.
2. To "draw" is to gut, and there is more than one gutting method.
3. The word "sauce" doesn't always mean a sauce.
4. "Pul" means to skin, probably.
5. "Foiles of parcelly" are leaves of parsley.
6. The served cold fish.
7. Vinegar and verjuice can be used interchangeably for a light fish sauce.

>>Anything I missed?

I have just one genuine question: why wouldn't sauce mean sauce?  I have not
had time to go to my books, but I seem to remember that there were a variety
of sauces that had vinegar or verjuice as the main ingredient.  Just curious-
I have always been quite happy with my fish and chips and a bottle of vinegar,
have even converted the husband off of ketchup when we are at the pub.
- -brid