SC - Pears and Jalapenos

Dottie Elliott macdj at onr.com
Thu Jul 31 10:47:34 PDT 1997

Margaret writes:
I'm teaching a class at Pennsic called Heraldry at the Dinnertable,
which is a survey of where you might find heraldic type things displayed
at dinner in period.

I'd like to include an "SCA use" section in the class, so I've got three
questions:

1. How have you used/seen heraldry used in serving dinners at an SCA feast?
2. If you were the cook/planner, how did you choose the display you did?
3. If you documented it, can you give me the rundown/citations?

Thanks much!

toodles, margaret

Are you talking about heraldry in food or as display decoration etc?

In doing feasts, I have used heraldic symbols in bread shapes (laurel wreaths, birds (they were supposed to be Pelicans...), slugs and snails).  I have also done a principality device in marzapan on a dessert, subtelties in the shape of a phoenix (the device of the then King).

Maeve (who is writing from her office account, 'cos the modem is at teh modem health spa, grr....)

Cathy Harding
replies to charding at nwlink.com