SC - Roast Beef Recipe

SUZANNE_POWELL SUZANNE_POWELL at aspentec.com
Thu Jul 31 14:19:07 PDT 1997

Mark Schuldenfrei wrote:

> I believe that butter sauted apples and onions are a period dish, and
> they
> make a FINE accompaniment to pork, as well.

I've tried that recipe and they are good, but for a carnivore like me,
the pork juices added to it just make it wonderful.

> An ex-roomate of mine made what he called "October Sauce" which was a
> homemade compote of half apples and half pears.  EXCELLENT on pork.

Never been fond of pears (though I did like that pear/mint sorbet we
made many years ago for The Quintavian Inquisition feast).  Sounds like
the combination might be interesting.

Rosalinde
- --
Donna Kenton * Rosalinde De Witte * donna at dabbler.com *