Re- SC - Novice Only Redac

Mark Harris mark_harris at quickmail.sps.mot.com
Thu Jul 31 14:33:08 PDT 1997

I have loved the trading of redactions and redaction attempts in the last
few days!  It has really helped the learning.  Someone mentioned about us
novices posting a recipie for redaction assistance.  Well, here is one
some sent to me in response to a request I made for Aliper sauce -
recipie but no redaction.  I would very much like to try this, can you
help point me in the right directions?

1) I am guessing that Ashmole ms:1429.... is the source.  Can anyone
explain what book etc this may be from and how I could co about looking up
or finding this source - what kind of document would I be looking for.

2) what kind of vinegar would you use?

3) does the smal y-stampyd refer to the garlic?  and what does it mean.

4) do you steep the bread, or bread crumbs?

My attempt at reading this would be to take brown bread and toast it in
slices . Steep it in a cider vineger (for a full bodied flavor since it is
going with beef), strain it and add pressed fresh garlic juice,pepper and
salt.

So how is this do you think,  and anyone have guesses for quantities?
Would any of you use any of the beef drippings with this as well?

Shirley