SC - Butchery-Apology Sort of

Uduido at aol.com Uduido at aol.com
Sat Jul 12 07:34:23 PDT 1997

<< I wonder if those that objected were all vegetarians? If not, IMHO, they
represented the worst of hypocrites. >>

At least one person took offense at this posting. <sigh> Many of my best
friends are vegetarians. At least once a year I prepare a dinner for several
and we get together and listen to the tomatoes gurgle and the carrots scream.
:-)

The reference to "hypocrites" was NOT a reference to vegetarians in any way.
It was meant as a reference to CERTAIN animal rights types that I had the
displeasure of being associated withy for a very brief time. That association
ended when I was invited to a fund-raising dinner where veal was served.Sort
of turned me off to the whole movement, if you know what I mean. :-0

However, IMO, all school children should be taken on a field trip to a meat
processing plant at least once in their educational career. And I really do
feel that a vast majority of folks that eat meat think it comes all nicely
packaged  at the supermarket.

SCA-Cooks-Request with the message body of unsubscribe.