SC - Feast perception

Uduido at aol.com Uduido at aol.com
Tue Jul 15 19:28:24 PDT 1997

<< This gentle felt that he had been ill-used, but saw no reason why the cook
 should feel that his request was in any way unreasonable.>> >>

I truly think that the main reason for such assinine behavior is that some
folks who come to events look at the Feast as if they were going to a
restaurant and do not realize that in actuality they are in a "private"
person's castle for dinner. When I invite people to dinner they do not expect
or ask that their personal "likes" be catered to. They either eat it or they
don't. Since our Shire NEVER includes the feast cost as part of the site fee,
we seem to have little problem with primadonas needing their every whim
catered to. It has also been my experience that some times people use the
"allergic" story for things that they just don't like. I get dry heaves from
just smelling potato salad and half-cooked onions but I certainly am not bold
enough to call that an "allergy".

Lord Ras
SCA-Cooks-Request with the message body of unsubscribe.