SC - Think fast... favorite dish Re: SC - think fast, favorite dish

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Mon Jul 21 20:08:46 PDT 1997

This would probably be Taillevent's Aloyeaulx de veau, or veal larks.
They're thin slices of veal wrapped around a stuffing. The original
recipe calls for either bone marrow or suet. However, Taillevent
includes, elsewhere in the Viandier, a poultry stuffing made from
cheese, herbs, and hard-boiled egg yolks. I use that, with the addition
of some diced bone marrow when I can get it, and some bacon when I
can't, as my stuffing.

These get roasted on a spit, and glazed with egg batter and saffron.

Very serious victuals indeed. I actually can handle the full marrow
version: kinda like osso bucco without the bone, but many people are
alarmed by that sort of thing, and I wouldn't serve it to everybody.

Adamantius

Phil Troy
troy at asan.com