Cast iron cookpots (was: SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #183)

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Thu Jul 3 01:12:56 PDT 1997

On Wed, 2 Jul 1997, david friedman wrote:

> using a tripod, trivet, cast iron utensils, etc. We've never built an oven,

Cast iron is interesting: I have been given to understand that cast iron
for cookpots are of a later date than the SCA (or at least very late
period). Can you provide any information on this? It would be very
usefull if cast iron pots and pans are useable in "enchanted ground"
settings.

Now, if I could only get hold of a chunk of soapstone large enought for a
cookpot...

/UlfR

- --
Par Leijonhufvud                  par.leijonhufvud at labtek.ki.se