[none]

Leslie Watson Leslie.Wat at hwcn.org
Mon Jul 7 07:20:42 PDT 1997

<< But a week is a long time. We can handle breakfasts, no problem. Lunch, we
like to have a bit of cheese. and dinners, well my husband loves to have a
bite of flesh. All this, to my modern minds means a cooler.
 What type of meals, preperation do you make to handle a week? >>

This is not a period solution to the cooler question but I haven't seen
anything posted about it so I'll offer my solution. Our clan (Ravenstar) set
up our war week supper menus yesterday.

Sat- Lobster Race (Fresh Lobster, Steamed Clams, Linguine with White Calm
Sauce, Salad, Bread, black olives, wine)
Sun- Game Night (Rabbit, Frog's Legs, Duck, Wild Rice, Canned Dandelion
Greens, Ale)
Mon- Middle Eastern Night (Shish Kabobs, Rice with Canned Lamb Meatballs and
Persian Milk, Flatbread, Humus., Mint Tea
Tues- Peasant Night ( Canned Chicken Stew with Dumplings, Batter-fried Apple
Slices, Spiced Tea, Gingered carrots, Mead
Wed- (Household Spaghetti Supper- clan donation canned meatballs)
Thur- Colonies Night (Canned Venison Chunks and Gravy, Corn (gasp!), Baked
Potatoes (hiss!), Spoon Bread (ooooh!), Sliced Fresh Tomatoes (egads!), Beer
Fri- (Clan night at Sadies)
Sat- (Household potluck)

As you can see, the fresh meats are used during the first couple of days and
then the remaining meals are meats which we purchace, etc. in advance and
pressure can. Chicken is canned in pint jars and along with tuna, etc. is
used for sandwich fillings at lunch. Eggs are waxed and keep all week with no
problem. This has worked for us for the last 5 yrs. and provides us with
interesting deliscious and nutritious meals and allows for fun theme-type
clan get-togethers.

Lord Ras