SC - food-storage

Mark Harris mark_harris at quickmail.sps.mot.com
Mon Jul 7 14:30:55 PDT 1997

> It was unclear if this meant "period sources" or modern sources.  I'm
> not certain of period references, and they are unlikely to be in
> cookery books but rather in discussions of what was presented at a
> feast.

I will certainly check out the book, however, I am especially seeking
sources dealing with period use of bread as a subtelty or entremet.  Iam
currently looking in Henisch's Fast and Feast, Toussaint's History of
Food, Wilkens,Harvey,&Dobson's Food in Antiquity, but would really like
some additional sources as I am researching the possibility of doing an
A&S project.  Not necessarily recipes, but mentions of how bread was used.

Sabia (sabia at unm.edu)