SC - SC-Cookbooks

Sharon L. Harrett afn24101 at afn.org
Wed Jul 2 00:31:41 PDT 1997

Good Gentles All:

For some months now I have been toying with an idea, and I would like to
receive feedback before committing myself to a project. Many of the gentles
whom I have introduced to period cooking seem more daunted by the vernacular
of the recipes than the redacting and preparing of them. Would there be any
interest in having some of the cookbooks in His Grace's collection
"translated" into modern easy English? I think I have a good enough grasp of
the terms to do so. Would this be violating any copyright laws? I have often
compared the period cookbooks to those in my Great-Grandmother's collection,
as they are written quite similarly (rarely any quantities, or specific
directions or temperatures), and I have a hunch at least a few more gentles
may be willing to try something if they don' have to have the OED at hand.

Feedback of any sort is welcome.

Ceridwen (OL - Domestic Sciences)