SC - RECIPE CHALLENGE II

Cathy Harding charding at nwlink.com
Wed Jul 9 21:15:15 PDT 1997

Syrose (the cherry pottage)

I have made this several times and if you use a good amount of bread crumbs
(no quantities as I tend to forget to write them down), it comes out like a
thick pudding. I did the cooking on the stove in a sauce pan and chilled in
the cooler or fridge. It doesn't last long (no leftovers).

With cherries I used red wine and did use cloves (the spice) as a garnish.
I made a variation this weekend at West-An Tir war, using strawberries
instead of cherries as one of our number is violently allergic to cherries.
I also used white wine as it was what we had on hand in the tourney
kitchen. It was very good.

Maeve