SC - Fruit and Wine dishes - was re: RECIPE CHALLENGE II

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Fri Jul 11 06:43:29 PDT 1997

Baron Tibor wrote:

> Memory tickles at me about a stewed prune and red wine dessert with carway
> seeds, that is period and YUMMY.... I cannot remember the source offhand.
> (Perhaps the encylopedia that is Adamantius will...  I gotta get my sources
> OUT of the attic and back IN the kitchen!)
>
> What other "wine and fruit" recipes are there?  This is a wonderful
> combination.

I can't recall the specific reference to the dish you describe above,
but I'd be willing to bet it's caraway confits as a garnish. Dishes of
figs stewed in wine I know about. Also a pottage of Bullace plums and
wine, which I can't seem to find anywhere but know exists in some source
or other. As usual, I was just looking at it the other day, and now that
I actually need it, it's gone...

Adamantius
SCA-Cooks-Request with the message body of unsubscribe.