SC - Butchery-Apology Sort of

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sat Jul 12 12:00:50 PDT 1997

Greg Lindahl wrote:

> I thought the purpose of this list was to discuss cooking in the SCA,
> not condemn people whom you don't like because of modern political
> reasons? One of the nice things about the SCA is that I play with
> lots of people I would never have met in mundane society. The fact
> that we mostly avoid modern political arguments is a big plus.
>
> -- gb

The purpose of this list, as I understand it, is to discuss cooking in
the SCA, and topics related thereto. This is such a topic, as it relates
directly to events that occurred during SCA activity. Such things will
probably happen again, too, and it would probably help us all to have
thought about it a bit before it does.

Now, if you are implying that I am condemning or even criticizing
anybody, I suggest you read what I wrote again. I merely stated that
there are people who will use any excuse to attempt to impose their
views on others (including, by the way, claims of irrelevance), and this
was in connection with the discussion of keeping a live turkey at an
event before killing and cooking it. If there was any criticism in my
words, which I'm not prepared to admit, then it was directed at an
action, not at a person.

On the other hand, I suppose I am justly chastised for violating that
most ancient rule involving the discussion of religion and/or
politics...for that I am sorry.

Adamantius
SCA-Cooks-Request with the message body of unsubscribe.