SC - dried sour cherries

Mark Harris mark_harris at quickmail.sps.mot.com
Mon Jul 14 09:06:48 PDT 1997

On Saturday, Aoife commented:

> I have noted that it is now possible to get dried,
>pitless cherries at my grocery store in small quantities, at a large price.
>Does anyone have any experience with these?

I too, noticed these small bags of cherries in the grocery this last Sunday.
They were in fact, labeled "tart" cherries. And yes, they were rather
expensive although since they were dried they might go further once
rehydrated.

I also saw on this same rack, and bought, a package of candied lemon peels.
Since I made candied orange and lime peels recently from directions posted
on the Rialto, I wanted to see how the commercial product compared. As I
expected, the commercial stuff compares to the homemade like the commercial
mead compares to the homemade. Although both the peels taste mostly of
sugar, anyway.

Stefan li Rous
markh at risc.sps.mot.com

SCA-Cooks-Request with the message body of unsubscribe.