SC - Dried Cherries

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Mon Jul 14 09:37:31 PDT 1997

Suzanne Berry wrote:

> It's also a good idea to pit them, if you want to, AFTER drying. The
> idea is that the juice remains in the cherry while drying, and the extra
> sugar and flavor aren't lost.
>
> Adamantius

>    I don't mean to contradict an expert, but my directions call for  (and
>    I've had good luck with) pitting them when they're half-dry.   You
>    simply squeeze them a bit, and the pits pop right out.
>
>    -  Aislinn

That might work as well. I think the instructions I've seen about
pitting them after drying is so that the valuable juice won't be lost.
It's pretty hard to pit them without cutting into them and squeezing
them, which tends to make them leak.   I imagine that pitting them when
half-dry might solve this problem to some extent.

Adamantius, who ain't no expert, and has no problem with contradiction
SCA-Cooks-Request with the message body of unsubscribe.