SC - Responsible use of Alcohol & the SCA

Lark Miller lucilla at ponyexpress.net
Mon Jul 14 16:26:45 PDT 1997

Antipodal Mead
15# honey
10-15 grams yeast ( my husband likes champagne yeast)
5 tsp. yeast nutrient
4 tsp. acid blend
1/4 tsp. pectic enzyme
1/2 tsp. irish moss
1 tbsp. gypsum
preboiled  1 gallon water with nutrient,acid blend, pectin, irish moss and
gypsum for 15 minutes.  Added honey and brought to 198 degrees F. for 30
minutes. strained into carboy with 3 gallons chilled water.  Added Yeast
after temperature of batch had dropped below 81 degrees F.
cover carboy and let sit for about a month then rack it over into another
carboy to get it off the sediment and let it sit for a few more months then
bottle it.  We let it sit a few more months before drinking but some people
drink it right away.

enjoy Lucilla