SC - gentle lesson in list etiquette please....

Carla S. Tucker tuckers323 at juno.com
Thu Jul 24 22:45:42 PDT 1997

On Thu, 24 Jul 1997 12:26:55 -0700 kat <kat at kagan.com> writes:

>	4)  The recipe doesn't appear <sad hungry eyes>
>
>	Am I unaware of something?  Does etiquette on this list
>specify that =
>"Recipe please" generally be responded to with a private post? (If =
>so.... me too, please?)  Or am I just, to quote me sainted
>Grandmother, =
>being young and impatient again?  <grin>
>
>	Always curious....
>
>		- kat

	I agree...I've not been taking the list for so very long, so
maybe I just haven't got a good sampling,  but I wish the people who
tantalize with a recipe mention would post it...(sad hungry eyes again
:-))
	I save all posted recipes to a file, and in it I have (since July
1) 9 recipes.  I did not include recipes where the game of "here's a
recipe, redact it" was being played unless the poster indicated a
successful trial of the posted recipe.  Maybe I don't get some posts?
	I certainly don't add much conversation, but I am a newbie, a
wannabe apprentice with no master, and I'm hoping to learn something from
all of you who seem to have a handle on this type of cooking. (Don't get
me wrong...I love the chitchat about techniques and supplies and
P.C.(period correctness), and I feel I am learning quite a bit by
lurking).  But those recipes would be MOST welcome. :-)

Carla
tuckers323 at juno.com