SC - The siege cook challenge.

Wed Jul 30 12:50:05 PDT 1997

  I "didn't come out and play" because I don't know anything yet.  I don't
  have any recipies other than what has been posted here or on the various
  web pages, I don't know how to redact, I don't even know what primary
  sources are,how to put together feasts/courses etc.  So-o-o I am still
  reading and trying to learn from all of you.  That's why this challenge
  was so interesting.  It put to use LOTS of various information.

I've got to admit that both Katerine AND Adamantius came up with recipes I
wouldn't have thought of.

But I guess I've got to trot out argument #2 all over again... of course you
know enough to redact things.  Perhaps you don't know everything. (Of course
you don't.... only PEERS know everything <tease, tease, Adamantius>)...

Adamantius and I (in private mail) are currently going over my brewing
redaction challenge... he introduced me to a word I'd never heard before:
"pomice".  Knowing that word has changed the entire approach he took to the
redaction.

I still don't think he is correct, BTW.   Just because you know more,
doesn't mean you know when to apply it.

But attempting redactions is bucket-loads of fun.

Maybe, if people want, I'll pull a simple recipe out of my files, and we can
have a "Novice Only" attempt at redaction on the net.

	Tibor