SC - canning

Lark Miller lucilla at ponyexpress.net
Wed Jul 30 15:26:04 PDT 1997

Most of the better cookbooks available today give directions for canning.
They also list what types of food are best for canning certain ways.  Beef
Stew would be one that they would not recommend for hot packing.  But,
jams, jellies, tomato sauces and picante sauces can all be hot packed.
Look in the cookbook and find out how they can the  different kinds of
foods and follow those directions.

Lucilla