SC - canning

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Jul 30 23:12:18 PDT 1997

Uduido at aol.com wrote:

> I apologize for "correcting" you somewhat, m'lord. But I can all the time and
> the textbook method recommended by Lady Aoife. although fine for acid fruits
> like tomatoes, peaches, etc., or for jams and jellies, it should NEVER be
> used for canning vegetables or , especially meat!

You are, of course, correct. I advised against adopting a method that I
felt would work safely only under certain special circumstances, and
failed to point out that even the method I was advocating instead was
still not conservative enough in some cases. My point remains the same,
but perhaps I did not make it well enough.

<more accurate detail on canning of meats snipped>

> In the marmalade assessment your are indeed correct. :-)

Okay, so we agree on something, anyway...;  )

> Lord Ras ( who if he wasn't up to his ears in hot water probably is now. :-0)

Either that or superheated steam...

Adamantius
Phil & Susan Troy
troy at asan.com