SC - Re: Canning

L Herr-Gelatt and J R Gelatt liontamr at ptd.net
Thu Jul 31 04:45:55 PDT 1997

>Lord Ras ( who if he wasn't up to his ears in hot water probably is now. :-0)

Why Oh Why does everyone assume that I have a temper, Just because I'm Irish?
(Angelic batting of the eyes at RaZ, WHO'SE SEEN ME IN FULL SPATE).

Seriously, we degenerated from fruit in sauce to canning in general. Yes,
it's dangerous to can the wrong thing the wrong way. But I only do
fruit-type canning. I don't have time and  I don't care for vegetables and
meats that are canned. 'Course I've never had yours, Raz. And tho I love
her, Mom is a mediocre cook. I had to be able to cook, in self defense.

Pressure cookers make me nervous (I have 3 children whose ages span exactly
5 years, and the oldest is 8). Some day I'll have to play with one.

Aoife
"Many things we need can wait. The child cannot."
				---Gabriela Mistral, Chilean Poet 1889-1957