SC - Re: Alcohol & the SCA

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at tddeng00.fnts.com
Thu Jul 10 09:09:57 PDT 1997

> > Would this be the one saying that SCA funds can't be spent on alcohol.
> > or have they done something else??
> >

> This has to be either the insurance threatened the SCA, or someone BoD
> members had a collective brain fart on the day of the last meeting.  How
> am I, when cooking for an event, supposed to cook Digby cakes without
> sack?  How am I supposed to make fried cheese (platina, I believe)
> without wine for the batter?  How am I supposed to cook beer soup
> without beer?  How about carbonades?  Innumerable chicken, beef, pork
> and fish dishes?  Many tarts?  etc, etc, etc, etc.

I don't know if it is a ruling about the SCA not providing funding for alcohol for
cooking purposes or not but our group has never been able to use SCA funds for
alcohol.  Any alcohol in my feasts was purchased out of pocket.  This got a little
expensive when I had to purchase several pints of brandy for a Chicken Normandy
I was cooking for 500.  If there is some other ruling I would like to hear about
it.

> I don't think this one was very well thought out, and you can bet the
> BoD is going to hear about it from me.

Go for it!

> toodles, margaret

Yers,