SC - sulfa and sulfites

Anne-Marie Rousseau rousseau at scn.org
Sun Jul 13 22:21:25 PDT 1997

Katerine says:>
>Someone who gets migraines may respond to no tyramine-containing foods,
>all of them, or anything in between.   (I respond to red wines but not white;
>go figure.)

You hit the nail on the head yourself, oh-fellow-migraine-sufferer! Tis
totally idiosyncratic. You sound like me...I can drink like a fish as
long as I stay away from red wine, brandy, dark beer, whiskey and most
homebrews. What do these things have in common? Tannins. Either by being
aged in oak, or by the products used in them. Turns out most cheap swilly
american beer uses lots of rice, which means low or no tannins.

Funny how many SCA folks get migraines...seems rather disproportional.

- --Anne-Marie, who promises her next post will be about medieval food, really!

- --
Anne-Marie Rousseau
rousseau at scn.org
Seattle, Washington
SCA-Cooks-Request with the message body of unsubscribe.