Re(2): SC - Migraines-off subject of SCA cooking

Sue Wensel swensel at brandegee.lm.com
Mon Jul 14 11:07:57 PDT 1997

My contributions to food allergies/sensitivities/avoidances/other issues:

Allergies/sensitivities

Corn products (corn syrup, corn starch, etc.)
Honey  -- some people can have allergic reactions to pollens in honey, esp.
asthmatics
Wines, including wine vinegars
Peppers (capcasium)
Onions, garlic, chives, and other members of the allium family
Mushrooms
Eggs
Nuts --  flours and oils, be specific about the type of nut
Flour -- specify which grain
Dairy Products -- milk, butter, cream, buttermilk, yogurt, cheese; also
specify which source: cow, goat, etc.

Vegetarians (remember there are many kinds of vegetarians out there)

Worcestshire(sp?) sauce -- blood -- no-no for vegetarians
Be specific about broths and meats being used in cooking
Eggs
Dairy products

Other dietary restrictions:

Sugar
Pork
Beef

That's all I can think of off the top of my head right now.

Derdriu

SCA-Cooks-Request with the message body of unsubscribe.