Re(2): SC - sulfa and sulfites

Sue Wensel swensel at brandegee.lm.com
Tue Jul 15 10:03:50 PDT 1997

>I'll share another non-period, non-cookery thought with you: I've been
>taking a stress management and yoga class for about 8 months now, once a
>week.  I can now "think and relax" my way out of a migrane.

I wish it were that easy for me.  Those techniques can worsen (or even
provoke) a migraine for me.

There are two types of migraines out there.  There are the ones that are
caused by constriction of the blood vessels, then there are those that are
caused by dilation of the blood vessels.  Before trying stress management
techniques, I highly recommend analyzing the role of stress in migraines for
you.  Do you get them while you are stressed?  Do you get them after the
stress has passed?  If so, then you may suffer from the second type.  For that
reason, my doctor has forbade me from giving up caffeine as I can use it to
control the rate at which the blood vessels dilate after stress has passed.

>If you have frequent migraines, you may want to consider this alternative.
>Stress management classes are usually available through your medical
>providers, or workplaces.

However, stress management classes to prevent the stress from reaching trigger
proportions is probably a good idea for all migraine sufferers.

>	Tibor (Not normally an adherent of touchy feely crud.)

Derdriu

SCA-Cooks-Request with the message body of unsubscribe.