SC - mead recipes

lwperkins lwperkins at snip.net
Tue Jul 15 18:52:16 PDT 1997

Dear Tibor,
you wrote:

> (Tea, and Oil of Bergamot in particular are post period.  Tea in mead is
> post period.  Earl Grey tea is black tea with Oil of Bergamot.  Bergamot
is
> a citrus tree grown in Southern Italy.)
This made me go check...I thought I had bergamot in my garden, and I was
relieved to see that it was indeed derived from the Monarda plant, a 3-foot
tall gangly herb with magenta flowers, also called bee-balm.  It's a New
World native, which indeed makes it out of period (IMHO).  It grows great
here in the East, and needs only partial sun.  Dries well, too.  You should
grow some!
- --Ester (who really likes herbs)
lwperkins at snip.net
SCA-Cooks-Request with the message body of unsubscribe.