SC - Allergies - again..

tegan at swbell.net tegan at swbell.net
Wed Jul 16 15:04:56 PDT 1997

Dottie Elliott wrote:

> Once, I went out of my way to cook additional dishes for a person who was
> allergic to all the standard period spices (cinnamon, cloves, ginger,
> etc). I never got so much as a single thank you and will not EVER do this
> again as it was much too much trouble.

I once went to the same trouble for a person who had called me up two
weeks before the feast with numerous allergies. I fixed portions of the
5 recipes that she would not have been able eat without the offensive
ingrediants. Now, while this lady was polite enough to call plenty of
time in advance she was not thoughtful enough to then show up for the
feast. As I said I ONCE went to the trouble,never again.
I take offense at someone wasting six hours of my life. From now on I
just tell them what food they should avoid.
I will make special vegetarian versions of my dishes as I did this past
weekend,but I will never go to such trouble again.

                            Tegan
SCA-Cooks-Request with the message body of unsubscribe.