SC - Green peppers

Ron Martino Jr yumitori at marsweb.com
Thu Jul 24 11:28:43 PDT 1997

> >         When folks speak of 'green peppers' I think of bell peppers. According
> > to Organic Gardening, February 1997, the first bell pepper was the
> > California Wonder, introduced 1928 CE.
>
> This may be so. On the other hand, that is not to say that the capsicums
> that existed previously were exclusively hot chilies, either.

	A good point. I think we need to speak more specifically if possible...

> Huhhh... There's not a whole heck of a lot, chemically, that's in Bell
> peppers (except maybe a wax coating ;  )  ) that isn't in chilies. It
> may be a question of relative quantities consumed. Does the lady eat,
> say, 3 - 4 ounces of chilies at a sitting? Another aspect that might be
> considered is the fact that not every food that disagrees with one is
> the result of an allergy. My brother makes the same claim, but he has
> yet to have a doctor back up this idea.
>
> Adamantius

	True, I'm probably being inexact. I checked with her again last night,
and she says bell peppers give her stomach cramps and diarrhea, and the
oil would irritate her skin. She's had no such reaction from chilies. On
the other hand, she hasn't seen a doctor concerning it either.

> <<Yumitori (e-mail me and I'll let you know where to send that dime...)>>
>
> The dime is taped to a card and put in an envelope and stamped. Waiting for
> further instructions. :-)
>
> Lord Ras (Uduido at aol.com)

	Hang on to it until we figure out whether or not it's a real allergy. I
wouldn't want to take your money if I haven't earned it...

	Yumitori

	(Shoot, there goes the yacht...)