SC - Re- sca-cooks fish-lon

Mark Harris mark_harris at quickmail.sps.mot.com
Sun Jul 27 17:20:17 PDT 1997

On Wed, July 23, Lord Ras said:

>Another way which was successful for me with the  results that there was
nary
>a piece left was to dip whiting fillets in beer batter and deep fry it. I
>added ground galengal and cubebs to the batter.

Sounds interesting. Do you have a recipe for this beer batter or is this
something you just buy at the store? Is there any evidence of beer being
used in the batter of any medieval dishes? I know this is a British
traditional
food, but I don't know if it is medieval. If you are actually mixing your
batter using beer, do you prefer a lighter or a darker beer or does it
matter?

I knew I should have bought that powdered galengale at Pennsic XXV as well as
the Powder Forte.

Stefan li Rous
markh at risc.sps.mot.com