Re- SC - gentle lesson in l

Mark Harris mark_harris at quickmail.sps.mot.com
Sun Jul 27 20:50:19 PDT 1997

Carla asked:

	I save all posted recipes to a file, and in it I have (since July
1) 9 recipes.  I did not include recipes where the game of "here's a
recipe, redact it" was being played unless the poster indicated a
successful trial of the posted recipe.  Maybe I don't get some posts?
	I certainly don't add much conversation, but I am a newbie, a
wannabe apprentice with no master, and I'm hoping to learn something from
all of you who seem to have a handle on this type of cooking. (Don't get
me wrong...I love the chitchat about techniques and supplies and
P.C.(period correctness), and I feel I am learning quite a bit by
lurking).  But those recipes would be MOST welcome. :-)

=====
Those who are tired of my mentions of my files may delete this message now.
But I feel that there are other newly joined people who may find this info
useful.

Like Carla, I save the messages with recipes here into files. Carla, there
just haven't been that many recipes posted here since you joined. However,
if you would like more recipes and specifically some that were posted here,
check these files in the FOOD section of my SCA Rialto Files.

Here are the files I believe contain recipes given on this list since it
started last March or April:

bread-msg         (77K)  6/19/97    Medieval breads and grains.
Carbonadoes-art   (14K)  6/19/97    ÒCarbonadoesÓ by Adamantius. A medieval
                                       ÒbarbecuedÓ meat dish.
cheese-msg        (36K)  6/27/97    Medieval cheese. Recipes.
chicken-msg       (45K)  7/14/97    Period and SCA chicken recipes.
chocolate-msg     (32K)  7/15/97    History and description of early
chocolate.
eggs-msg          (23K)  6/27/97    Egg storage. Recipes. Substitutions.
fish-msg          (32K)  6/ 2/97    Medieval fish dishes. Fish in the SCA.
fried-foods-msg   (14K)  7/18/97    Medieval fried foods. Recipes.
fruits-msg        (54K)  7/ 9/97    Medieval fruits and fruit dishes.
Recipes.
mushrooms-msg     (45K)  6/19/97    Period mushrooms. Recipes.
mustard-msg       (14K)  5/22/97    Mustard seed in period. sauces. recipes.
pasta-msg         (18K)  5/ 6/97    Period pasta. Period referances. Recipes.
pickled-food-msg  (32K)  5/28/97    Medieval pickled food. recipes.
sauces-msg        (23K)  7/16/97    Period sauces. Sauce recipes.
sausages-msg      (27K)  6/19/97    Period sausages. Making sausage.

These files might also be of interest although they do not currently have
recipes from this group in them:

rec-desserts-msg  (27K)  5/13/96    Medieval and SCA dessert recipes. Sweets.
rec-leeks-msg      (9K)  5/14/96    Recipes for dishes using leeks.
rec-Mongol-msg    (18K)  9/21/95    Recipes for Mongol food.
recipes-msg      (176K)  4/ 3/97    Recipes for medieval food.

My files can be found at:
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html

Few of these files contain recipes exclusively from this group and I still
have
recipes from here to add as I find time and figure out where to best put
them.
Hopefully though, this will give you some recipes to start working with.

Stefan li Rous
Ansteorra
markh at risc.sps.mot.com