SC - Recipe- Recipe challenge

Uduido at aol.com Uduido at aol.com
Tue Jul 8 06:01:54 PDT 1997

<<What sort of redacted recipe can you make from this Apecius translation
(the
Vehling trans., all I have at the moment):

(129)ALITER PATINA VERSATILIS

THE DISH, CALLED A TURN-OVER, IS THUS MADE: CRUSH VERY FINE WALNUTS AND
HAZLENUTS TOAST THEM AND CRUSH WITH HONEY, MIX IN PEPPER, BROTH, MILK AND
EGGS AND A LITTLE OIL.>>

Here is what I came up with. Mind you that this is a first attempt at this
redaction and probably can be improved upon. But the results were tasty. :-)

Lord Ras
****************************
Aliter Patina Versatilis

1/2 cp walnuts, crushed finely
1/2 cp hazelnuts, crushed finely
2 tblsp honey
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 cp chicken broth
1/4 cp milk
1 egg
2 tblsp olive oil

Spread nuts on a flat pan. Bake in 300 degree F. oven 'until golden brown
being careful not to burn. Remove from oven and cool. Beat egg, honey,
pepper, and honey together. Add milk, broth and crushed nuts. Beat 'til
smooth. Add oil. Beat a litle more. Heat a small frying pan with a little
olive oil. When hot, turn in enough batter to just cover bottom of pan. Fry,
shaking freguently, until batter is golden brown on bottom. TCarefully turn
and brown other side.

Copyright 7-8-97 L.J. Spencer, Jr.