SC - chicken on string

Thu Jul 31 11:11:58 PDT 1997

  The longer the vertical string, the longer it will take care of itself.
  About halfway through cooking, turn the bird upside, using the other
  skewer now.

  I like to par-boil some root vegetables, and let the juices of the
  chicken drip into that pot -- it's just wonderful.

Neat!

I know there is a french thingumbobby, that I cannot spell (Cremellieare?)
that is used to adjust heights of pots over flames.  I guess you could use
one of those for this trick.

Do you need the skewers?  Or can you bind the string to the bird wing and
legs directly?

If you can suspend it via the limbs, then here is what you do.  Put the
pot with the veggies below the chicken... when the chicken comes apart and
falls into the veggie pot, it's cooked. (:-)

	Tibor