SC - SC-Cookbooks

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Wed Jul 2 20:21:05 PDT 1997

At 3:31 AM -0400 7/2/97, Sharon L. Harrett wrote:
>Good Gentles All:

>Would there be any
>interest in having some of the cookbooks in His Grace's collection
>"translated" into modern easy English? I think I have a good enough grasp of
>the terms to do so. Would this be violating any copyright laws?

No; the originals are safely out of copyright. I think _Take a Thousand
Eggs_ has a bunch of the 15th c. recipes in modernized form, although I am
not certain.

On the other hand, our experience is that if you walk people through a few
15th c. English recipes, they figure out how to read them fairly quickly.
Once they are comfortable with 15th c. cooking English they can start
working on 14th c.

David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/