SC - Butchery-Apology Sort of

Tue Jul 15 06:00:08 PDT 1997

  I vaguely remember a scene in a book (may have been C.M. Kornbluth's
  "The Space Merchants") which featured a gigantic cloned muscle from a
  steer, a couple of hundred feet across, nicknamed Chicken Little. Some
  guys spend their days cutting steaks off this, which grow back as fast
  as they can cut them, and this supplies the meat needs of an entire
  planet. Anybody else remember this?

Yes.  It was cloned chicken heart, if I recall.  I too, think it was
Kornbluth's "Space Merchants".

The older I get, the more frightening that story becomes. That and "Make
Room, Make Room".  Adamantius, do you still live in New York?  What flavor
Soylent do you like? (:-)

	Tibor ("Popsie, get a squirt")
SCA-Cooks-Request with the message body of unsubscribe.