SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #199

Tue Jul 15 08:29:05 PDT 1997

  In my barony (BMDL) we have a peer who has several food
  restrictions/allergies.  Instead of raising a fuss, he brings his own food to
  events and eats off-board.  If there is no off-board, he will pay for the
  feast, but doesn't eat it.  He doesn't make a fuss about it either; when I
  told him that all he had to do was contact me and I would make such
  accommodations as I could, he told me that his problems were such that he
  would not impose them on anyone else -- that we cooks had enough to do in the
  kitchen.

I've actually had the opposite problem.  I pay off-board, and bring my own
food: then the cook brings out two bowls of stuff that I CAN eat, and says
"Here, I cooked this for you".  Now I have to find someone to take my feast
fee.

This is the sort of flattering problem it is a JOY to have.  I can never
thank people enough for this sort of kindness.

	Tibor
SCA-Cooks-Request with the message body of unsubscribe.