SC - the grocery cart game

Mary Morman memorman at oldcolo.com
Thu Jul 24 07:28:32 PDT 1997

gentles,

baron tibor's 'grocery cart game' brought a smile as i just got a phone
call from my middlest son last night to tell me that he had passed his
final cooking school exam with flying colors.  and, you guessed it!, it
was 'the grocery cart game'.  he got a carton of various foodstuffs and
had to produce a meal with only what was there ( i think staples, like
flour, sugar, salt were also allowed).

this is a lovely idea for a cook's contest if we ever find that mythical
collegium site.  form teams and give them a carton of appropriate period
ingredients and let them loose for the day.  they could bring their own
source books for documentation and ideas and would all have the same time
period and cooking facilities to use.

who wants to be on my team?

elaina