SC - Congratulations to Adamantius

Stephen Bloch sbloch at adl15.adelphi.edu
Sun Jul 27 08:34:01 PDT 1997

> At Southern Region War Practice in Eisethal, East Kingdom, yesterday
> (Saturday)Adamantius recieved his laurel. His Crown of Laurel Leaves, made
> by his lady, was simply stunning, I heard, as was his cloak, made by a close
> friend.

I didn't catch the name of the cloak-maker, but the laurel wreath was
incredible: about 8 ounces of fine silver, exquisitely shaped into
laurel leaves on silver wire.  Speaking for Master Adamantius were
Bishop Geoffrey D'Ayr, his master, for the Laurels; Master (Baron
Viceroy) Ian Mitchell for the Pelicans, Countess (Mistress Mistress)
Brekke Franksdottir for the Rose, and Ritter Emeric Wendell the
Diversified for the Chivalry.  The vigil, held throughout the day, was
most entertaining, and perchance Master Adamantius will grace us with
the tale of Master Robin Argyll's contribution thereto.  (Argyll also
contributed, in his own inimitable way, to the ceremony by morris-
dancing his way to the stage when the Order were called up.)  Great
quantities of stout were poured, and there was much rejoicing (amid
calls of "about bloody time").

					mar-Joshua ibn-Eleazar ha-Shalib
                                                 Stephen Bloch
                                           sbloch at panther.adelphi.edu